Sunday, October 30, 2011

Woodhill Sands HT 29/30 October 2011

As Willie has a large hole in his sole (albeit packed with putty) and was on three legs on the Monday, I wasnt sure about running him on the fine silty sand of Woodhill given the risk of it working up into the hole.

However, we started the dressage and he did his usual calm obedient Willie test to score 68.5% for 6th place.

Predominantly scored 7's with one 8 (walk trans) and a handful of 6's.
All 7's at bottom portion "Calm obedient mount. Combination looked happy and confident but lacking bend and could show a little more engagement at this level"

I decided not to jump him this weekend, and am unsure if it was due to negative vibes surrounding me and outweighing my previous positivity, or because of his foot.

However, I do plan to jump him next weekend, on the grass.

Also need to feed back into my positive thought process and ignore any negativity that surrounds me.

No comments: