Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Well, now that my spring season plans are all shot to pieces due to pesky stubborn wee stone bruise, I am not sure what to plan.

I had entered Rotorua HT, just the training division to have an outing this coming weekend as he has only been back in proper work two weeks, although he is pulling my arms out of their sockets. Jumped him the other day (90/1.00 ish); yeegads! strong is not the word - it was a case of 'hold on mum we're going'. Needless to say, the wee lad was very happy to be jumping.

However, although I still struggle SJ, XC at lower heights is just awful on him - he plays around, spooks, backs off and generally just doesnt pay attention (and that just does so much for my confidence - NOT).

Sooooo, I am considering scratching from Rotorua and going to both days SJ at Hopuhopu. Would be much needed practice for me, plus close to home. Also as I would have to leave Friday for Rotorua, that would leave my 85 year old mum having to care for all the animals for several days as everyone else is also away.

Now I have to decide what to enter at Taupo; will probably can Puhinui, and aim at doing Waerenga and Richfields.

Talk about best laid plans!

No comments: