Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fingers crossed

Well finally got the shoe back on Willie along with a leather pad, although there is still a pulse in the foot he didnt seem too worried about the shoe going back on, and has definitely been looking more comfortable on it - not sure he noticed his foot at all when they were all playing silly beggars in the paddock.

Then it's off to Tommy for a check up.
AMAZING guy....Willie was out in quite a few places, and now has to have 3 days off (in addition to the 3wks he has just had) then ten days hacking, then I guess back into it (if the foot also holds up of course).

So now in a real dilemma about entering Rotorua. As I had the shoe back on I had thought I would enter pre novice with the possibility of downgrading to training if he had lost too much fitness. Now my only real option is to do training but I am not sure it's worth the trip for one horse to toddle around training, as Kit was also seen by Tommy and his hip was right out (as Saarin has been telling me for weeks) and he has to have two weeks off, then ten days hacking, and so Rotorua is right out for him.

Hmmm decisions decisions.

1 comment:

Ky said...

Rotorua training is teeny tiny if that helps! Certainly you have done way harder courses :-) Looking forward to watching your new pony progress!