Monday, September 29, 2008

30.09.08 - Still sore

Finding it very frustrating that my boy is still lame, and despite two pokes around by the blacksmith, nothing substantial has shown up -must be a deep slow abscess or something...but I wish it would do its thing and then heal!

If still lame tomorrow I will have to bit the bullet and scratch from Te Rapa Horse Trial - so much for the plans etc. Hopefully he will come sound enough to take him to Rotorua (and give me enough time to learn to show jump 1.05 before then!)

In the meantime however, given my frustration - as well as starting to want a greenie to play with, I have been and looked at an OTTB. He is absolutely sweet. However, he is HUGE.

I stood next to him, and he is taller at the wither than I am (I am 6') - work it out ; gave myself a hell of a fright when I did!

He is very light in condition, but is certainly big enough for me - seems to have a lovely temperament. BUT....how do I break it to the other half who is still at me to reduce numbers!?

Anyway, this is the wee boy who I would like to join our herd...If he does come here, he will of course have his own blog to track his progress....

No comments: