Friday, June 26, 2009

A little scary

buying a puppy off trade me without first having seen it.

I'm afraid it was one of those impulse things; not even the breed I had been hanging out to get (powder-puff).

I just thought it looked incredibly cute in the photos; like a wee tiny teddy bear. Funny enough, I found none of the rest of the litter appealing at all, and in addition although I had planned on getting a small dog, I hadnt intended to get a Very small one - or a male!

Hopefully I will find him just as appealing in real life.

Knowing the old ugly duckling story though, it will probably be that the less attractive of the litter will turn out to be nice looking adults, and my wee boy will be the 'less attractive'.

Oh well, just crossing fingers he will fit into the household ok, although I am sure there will be some jealousy issues to work through initially.

Ummm; it was also licence to go on a shopping spree....as well as puppy food, there is a snuggly cosy bed, a new collar and lead, and of course the obligatory toys. (All hidden from the other half at this point in time, until he meets the new acquisition, of which he is - for now- totally unaware)

No comments: