Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lesson LVF 05.03.2010


Really needing to work on my mental shut downs.

It seems that if I am approaching a big (particularly oxers) jump, a few strides out I kind of lose faith in myself and my own ability and basically shut down....Willy then of course stops.
However, when I get aggro and "ride with every part of my body, like I want to get over the jump", then he quite happily jumps.

Also little point in keeping within my comfort zone, as that is not really addressing the problem.

We did some jumps at trot (YUK) including an ever increasing oxer, until it was a pretty decent height, then continued at canter, until it was HUGE (well looked huge to me anyway). Yes, I did have a few shut downs, but I also (with the help of the instructor) did get over it more than once.

We then did a course, and apart from what I would call minor glitches, he jumped well. In hindsight, I realised that EVERY jump we did was an oxer....so if that is not addressing my oxer phobia, I dont know what is.















All in all, progress is definitely being made.


No comments: