Wednesday, August 25, 2010

24/25 August 2010 - A Scott clinic

Despite having had a bit of a nasty fall of Sampson a couple of hours before my first day's lesson, I went ahead. Luckily it was less painful riding than anything else, so that was good.

Willie went ok, and interestingly (especially for an Andrew Scott course!), I felt like I would have liked the jumps bigger....although I have to admit Willie wasnt making much of an effort jumping wise, and I also suspect Andrew was being kind to me given my earlier fall.

However, good to feel that my confidence was somewhat intact once I got going.

Second day: again Willie really only made an effort when it was the first jump over something, especially if there was fill; after which he just kind of bobbled over. But no stops, or near stops, so that's gotta be good.

Need to allow him to keep rolling to the jump and kick him right to the base - dont allow him that last minute hesitation and look before jumping - just kick him to continue to jump out of his stride.

No comments: