Friday, January 27, 2012

Hunua Training HT 21.01.2012

First outing for Willie for a while, and I must confess I wasnt exactly sure about jumping him, even though he has been jumping well and very keen. I guess its that hangover from when he hasnt been happy (sore, and then unhappy with his shoeing).

However, he was SO happy to be out and about.

Very short warm up for dressage and in we went. What a happy pony....he was lovely, although couldnt resist a little oopsy in his canter transition - cheeky!

He got great marks, and following my final halt salute the judge actually said to me "What a neat horse!" so that made my day. Comments on his test sheet also very nice with all 7's at the bottom and comments like him looking after me...and rider comment: "well ridden, lucky you!"

Unfortunately, Willie didn't get to jump at all, as I had injured my thumb and shoulder and was in far too much pain to even try.

No comments: