Saturday, March 28, 2009

Norty pony!


Well, so much for having an easy run at training at Puhinui.

He was very tense warming up for dressage; the fact that he could see the xc jumps and flags I think did little to help. He is so wanting to have a xc run, that I think he gets distracted now (he's not been xc since Taupo last year)

Came 18th in his class on a grand score of....eeeek 53% - pretty disgusting for him, although the test wasnt as bad as I had anticipated it would be.... he actually didnt do anything wrong.

Show jumping> well we have now had our very first E at training level! He warmed up fine (and this weekend there was no 'foot' excuse...he felt absolutely fine)... started off ok, then he had a wee try out stop at a filler, which having been successful (I basically sat like a prune and did nothing), he carried on around the course (over a couple of other fillers without blinking)...then onto the double....two stops and we were gone!

Went back out and he flew the oxer in the practice ring.

Pretty frustrating as the course was actually very small, and a nice flowing course. Not sure what went wrong, although I do know that my recent lessons went out the window. argggghhh

Unfortunatley, due to the numbers, anyone eliminated was not allowed to start XC, so once again poor willie has missed out on a run....I really think that he needs to have a run so he can have some fun!

So looks like I will have to scratch from Puhinui, and perhaps give him a run at training at Te Rapa, just to have a xc run to finish the season.

No comments: