Sunday, July 26, 2009

LVF Clinic 25.07.09

Great weather; nice to see the sun for a change.

The clinic was over two days, with Clarke Johnson, who I have to say I was very impressed with. He has a lovely manner, and I found I didnt feel the same anxiety I have in the past with some instructors. However, I would also have to say that the instruction I have been getting from Wendy has no doubt helped there immensely, as with her help I feel that my confidence is steadily growing.

We started off with loosening exercises, getting the horses to stetch down over the back, then transtions, lengthening and leg yielding, and some counter canter and canter lenthening.

Day one was focussed on show jumping; related lines, curved lines and roll backs, finishing with several courses.

Willie went very well, albeit will be pretty tired as he is not fit this far out from the start of the season. However, no stops (and I didnt fall off) which is always a bonus.

I have been coming increasingly aware of my random right hand problem....always seem to have the right rein shorter and 'fiddle' with it. Clarke also made me aware that I ride with my right shoulder forward, so I will now work on that also; I tend to think that the two are related - if I can keep myself straight there will be more chance my hands remain even.

No comments: