Saturday, January 2, 2010

NITE 2/3 January 2010

I hadnt planned to do NITE at all this year, as I felt Willie had done a fair bit in Spring, and had a long Autumn Season coming. Plus, in terms of the jumping, he can be quite difficult when jumping smaller jumps and it is all more mileage on his legs.

However, last minute (night before) I was asked to help out a Tauranga team who were short for the team ride and Quadrille. So a hasty practice the evening before (Willie having had three days off after last weekend's show jumping) and we were set! ?

Poor Willie was quite worried about the sacking i had draped over his bridle, and there was a lot of head shaking and grinding of teeth going on. I became quite worried that he wouldn't hold it together, but as soon as we actually started to ride our quadrille, he forgot about his worries and concentrated on the job.

And of course he was his usual good self, doing what was asked, when it was asked. Sometimes I really love my pony!

Hard case, in that I had learnt the quadrille and had no blank moments, and a couple of others who had had weeks, if not months of learning it, made mistakes.
Oh well; you get that with the big jobs. :)

It was also funny that while practicing on the Friday night, one of the riders was bugging me, in that I was sure I knew her from somewhere but couldnt quite place her. Turns out she had felt the same with me, and Saturday morning we worked out that we had worked together about 25 years ago.

Unfortunately, Tauranga ended up with only 2 riders for the jumping with one horse lame, and the other 'lost in transit'.

No comments: