Saturday, January 30, 2010

WEC show jumping 30.01.010

Had entered 90, 1.00 and 1.05, but it was a bit of a long, very hot, humid day, and having had a brain blip and riding badly in the meter, I decided to scratch from 1.05.
Have entered 1.00 and 1.05 for tomorrow, when we will both hopefully be feeling a little fresher.

90.
Went fine, and I think I rode ok....(no 'oh shit' moments, or tilting)
Just took a rail in the jump off. He backed off an oxer, and was probably waiting for me to do the Mrs Tilty thing so he could stop, but I didnt.

1.00
A loooong wait since his morning class, and it was like a sauna.
Started off ok, although perhaps feeling a little jaded (the heat?). Went through the double, and then I just went totally and completely blank. Didnt know where I was going, or even what number I was up to.
Thankfully Miranda (photographer extra-ordinairre for the day) pointed me in the right direction and I finished the round.
However, I rode the last two jumps (uprights) VERY badly. I saw a slightly long one to the second last, but Willie took another little one (and I tilted just a little), but at the last, I really dont think there was another stride, and went to go, but Willie decided he would try and fit one in....ummmm crash of rails....oooops

However, no stops in either round so that is all good. :)

Well, Sunday dawned a little moist
Although it started to tip down while I was loading Willie, I decided to go anyway, as the last time I let it put me off, the weather cleared and it left ideal conditions.
NOT THIS TIME.

During the morning, there were the odd patches before it looked like it would clear.
However, I then watched the sky closing in, and the the rain set in with a vengeance. I hung around till about midday, but by then my first class had still not started, and I was already soaked to the skin.
I decided to scratch.
We had a good day yesterday with no stops, and I didnt want to start riding cautiously due to the ground conditions and have him use it as an excuse.

Out came his studs and home we went.
Really disappointing.

No comments: