Thursday, October 22, 2009

22.10.09 - Great Lesson

Really need to get back on track show jumping.

Had a great lesson, working on jumping off corners (very much needed), and also continuing to work on me remaining upright, leg on and getting him up in front, maintaining the rhythm, and of course breathing.

It was later on in the lesson that he stopped, ... it was at a swedish oxer(which we had already jumped numerous times) and of course, I fell to bits. I think I allowed that doubt thing to creep in.
However, the instructor didnt want to drop the jump (I asked her to of course!), and reminded me to breath, and keep the rhythm etc....and guess what....he jumped it. Had to jump it again though, but it was fine.

Must not lose faith in myself.

Definitely feeling better, and also feel that I am improving.
We are going to make mistakes and the only way to find out what needs working on is to keep getting out there and competing.
Very little point in dropping to heights well within my comfort zone, as I will learn nothing doing that.
Also pleased to find that we were jumping easily over the required 1.05

No comments: