Saturday, October 24, 2009

24.10.09 - Show Jumping

Having had a Great lesson Thursday, I was all ready to put it into practice with a couple of small show jumping rounds.

Went to Kihikihi for the Waikato Area Pony Club Gymkhana, entering just the 90 and 1.00 classes.

Beautiful day, which was a nice change.

90cm
Looked pretty jolly small, but I don't know what went wrong, but I fell to pieces and Willie took advantage.
Quite a twisty course, and he jumped quite big over the oxer at number 4 and I missed my line to number 5 and he ran off....I guess I then lost the plot, and started doing the whole 'tilty' thing, and of course he then stopped twice at the double (would be the double wouldnt it....and an oxer to boot)

1.00m
Again, not particularly big at all.
I definitely rode better though, I was sitting up better and not tilting.
He was naughty to stop at number 7 (an oxer with a red box thing under it)....I dont think I did anything wrong - he was just naughty. When he stopped again, I belted him which kind of changed his mind about stopping at it!
Round and onto the double....I felt him back off, and like a dolt I sat and did nothing about it....grrrr. So, nipped around the first part of the double and popped him out over the second part.

OK...simply need to keep getting out there and working at it until I can get it all right on the day. Positives however, are that I DID go back out and try again, and I DID sit up better (just need to kick!), and a big positive is that I did NOT fall off, or even come close...which means I must be getting more secure in my leg and seat...which will help me increase my confidence to ride.

Just need to keep on with the lessons, and working on myself...I will get there because I am not going to give up!

No comments: